LITTLE ROCK (4-16) 

       The Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department (AHTD) has announced that federal funds are now available for recreational trail development, according to AHTD Director Dan Flowers.   

     These funds were appropriated by Congress to build and maintain motorized, non-motorized and multiple use recreational trails.  Local, state and federal government agencies and incorporated not-for-profit agencies are eligible to apply for these funds.   The funds will be available to successful applicants on a matching basis.  Eighty percent (80%) of a project’s cost will come from the federal funds allocated to the state, while the other twenty percent (20%) will come from the project’s sponsor.  Donations of private funds, materials and services can be counted toward the sponsor’s share of the project cost. 

     Eligible organizations may obtain applications by calling (501) 569-2209.  Applications can also be downloaded from by clicking on “Programs.”  The deadline for applications to be received by the AHTD is 3:30 P.M. Friday, June 5, 2009.



For Further Information Contact:

Tel: CompanyPhone
FAX: CompanyFax
e-mail: CompanyEmail