Stormwater Related Public Comments and Complaints

Public Comments and Complaints

If you would like to send the ARDOT comments, suggestions, or request information relating to the ARDOT Stormwater Program, please click here to send an e-mail, or contact the ARDOT Environmental Division, NPDES Section, at (501) 569-2230.The NPDES Section of the ARDOT Environmental Division is the point of contact for complaints regarding suspected storm water violations on the ARDOT right of way.  These include such things as illegal dumping of material into a storm drain or ditch, illegal discharges of sewage or other material through pipes, or sediment leaving a construction site during rain events.  ARDOT will respond to all complaints either by performing its own investigation or by referring the matter to the appropriate regulatory entity for action. NOTE:  If the incident is a large hazardous material or petroleum discharge that you believe poses an imminent threat to human health or the environment, notify 911 immediately, or contact the Arkansas Department of Emergency Management (ADEM) at 1-800-322-4012. 

The ADEM office is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to respond to these and other emergency conditions. You may file your complaint online or via phone, fax, or mail.  In order for us to address the problem, you must supply us with enough information to identify and locate the problem you are reporting.  We ask for as detailed a description as possible of the problem and information about its location (address, driving directions, etc.) so we can locate it.  We also ask for information about the entity responsible for the violation, if you know it.  These items are not required but can speed up the investigation process. We ask for your name and contact information so that we can contact you in case we need more information in order to investigate your complaint, and to provide information to you on the results.  You do not have to identify yourself and we will not make any effort to obtain identifying information about you.  You may remain totally anonymous if you choose, and we will still investigate your complaint as thoroughly as possible. (Please refer to the ARDOT (Privacy Statement)

Your complaint may be filed by with our Environmental Division in one of the following ways: by telephone (501) 569-2230; by fax (501) 569-2009; or by mailing it to the address on the form. Click here for a printable complaint form.


Copyright © 2019 ARDOT
Notice of Nondiscrimination ¦ Freedom of Information